Finland has announced it will be restricting non-essential travel from the United Kingdom currently until Sunday 22 August 2021.
From this date the requirements for travel are:
- You can present a certificate/evidence* of having received the full COVID-19 vaccines 14 days prior to arriving in Finland. There is no mandatory testing for people who meet this requirement. Please refer to the Finnish institute for health and welfare for the approved vaccines.
- You can present a certificate showing that you have recovered from the COVID-19 disease within 6 months prior to arriving in Finland. There is no mandatory testing for people who meet this requirement.
- You have received one COVID-19 vaccine shot at least a 14 days prior to arriving in Finland. In this case, you must also take a COVID-19 test 3–5 days after arriving in Finland. You must avoid contact with others and remain at home or in your place of accommodation until you receive confirmation of a negative test result. Please refer to FINENTRY for information on COVID-19 testing locations.
- You can present a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test taken before entering Finland. In this case, you must also take a COVID-19 test 3–5 days after arriving in Finland. You must avoid contact with others and remain at home or in your place of accommodation until you receive confirmation of a negative test result.
- Children born in 2005 or thereafter are not required to take part in a health examination or a COVID-19 test.
- The certificate needs to be in either English, Finnish or Swedish. A certified translation can also be used as a certificate. The certificate can also be an EU digital Covid certificate.
*Evidence for passengers in receipt of both vaccinations (NHS App OR letter):
- The NHS App: This application is valid on smartphones and tablets and requires ALL passengers to register for their own account. The account is connected to your NHS number, date of birth and postcode. The application will display your Covid-19 vaccine record.
- An official letter from the NHS: This letter can be obtained by calling "119" from any UK landline or mobile.
In UK tests:
At Sunvil, we have a partnership with Randox Health (one of the UK government’s approved providers) and our travellers can purchase tests at a reduced price:
, 23 Finsbury Circus,
Tel: 0800 254 5130
UK testing kits for adults in receipt of both vaccinations: Day 2 – quote SUNVIL2021 online at https://www.randoxhealth.com/covid-19-day-2-and-8-testing/ at a cost of £43.00.
UK testing kits for adults not in receipt of both vaccinations: Pre-departure test, Day 2 and Day 8 test – quote SUNVIL2021 online at https://www.randoxhealth.com/amber-travel-pack/ – at a cost of £129.00.
With Randox, you will self-administer a swab test using the instructions in the test kit provided and send the test back to Randox using one of their local drop boxes or a courier. Once the test has been analysed you will be sent an electronic test certificate.
Medic Spot – Providers of Antigen tests
Government backed Medic Spot offer Antigen tests for travellers, with results in 20 minutes. These tests can be purchased through Sunvil on Tel: 020 8758 4758 (choosing pre-departures) at a rate of £40.00 per test (including post and packaging). Alternatively, you can purchase the tests online by visiting https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/products/outbound-antigen - £45.00 per person. These tests can also be used for your ‘Test to return’ (as an alternative provider to Qured).
Full testing information and details of additional suppliers can be found here.