Italy and Sicily are open to UK visitors. The requirements for travellers are detailed below:
If you have received both vaccinations (more than 14 days prior to departure):
- Provide proof of your vaccination status – see below for details of the evidence required.
- Pre-departure testing: A PCR test taken within 48 hours of your arrival time in Italy or a rapid antigen test taken at an authorised clinic within 48 hours of your arrival time in Italy. A negative test result is required in order to travel.
- A completed Digital European Passenger Locator Form
- In addition, visitors to Sicily must complete a visitor arrival form
- Test to return: All travellers must undertake a PCR, LAMP or Antigen test within 72 hours of return to the UK. This test must be taken at a local clinic or using a virtual provider (see below), approved by the UK government. A fit to fly certificate is provided (the certificate must be in English, Spanish or French).
- Testing on return to the UK: A Day 2 test is required. This test must be ordered before your return to the UK and evidence of this purchase must be added to the UK Passenger Locator Form.
- A completed UK Passenger Locator Form (PLF).
Evidence for passengers in receipt of both vaccinations (one of the following):
The NHS App: This application is valid on smart phones and tablets and requires ALL passengers to register for their own account. The account is connected to your NHS number, date of birth and postcode. The application will display your Covid-19 vaccine record.
An official letter from the NHS: This letter can be obtained by calling “119” from any UK landline or mobile. This request takes c.5-7 days to receive.
You should check that your name on your passport matches how it is displayed on your NHS Covid Pass. If the names are different, contact your GP practice to have your details updated.
We recommend you travel with a printed copy of your vaccination certificate.
In UK tests:
At Sunvil, we have a partnership with Randox Health (one of the UK government’s approved providers) and our travellers can purchase tests at a reduced price:
23 Finsbury Circus
Tel: 0800 254 5130
With Randox, you will self-administer a swab test using the instructions in the test kit provided and send the test back to Randox using one of their local drop boxes or a courier. Once the test has been analysed you will be sent an electronic test certificate.
Medic Spot – Providers of Antigen tests
Government backed Medic Spot offer Antigen tests for travellers, with results in 20 minutes. These tests can be purchased through Sunvil on Tel: 020 8758 4758 (choosing pre-departures) at a rate of £40.00 per test (including post and packaging). Alternatively, you can purchase the tests online by visiting https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/products/outbound-antigen - £45.00 per person.
Further testing information and additional suppliers can be found here.
Please also ensure that you are familiar with the new rules for travel within Europe from 01 January 2021. A synopsis of the changes can be found in our dedicated blog.