Italy and Sicily are open to UK visitors. The requirements for travellers are detailed below:
- A rapid antigen swab or PCR swab test taken within 48 hours of arrival time in Italy. A negative test result and a fit to fly certificate is required in order to travel. At Sunvil, we have a partnership with Randox Health (one of the UK government's approved providers) and our travellers can purchase a test at a reduced rate - see below.
- Everyone arriving in Italy MUST telephone the Covid-19 helpline for the region to which they are travelling within 48 hours of their arrival time in Italy.
- A completed self declaration form from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is required. One form is required per family or party group who are staying at the same place throughout the holiday. In addition, visitors to Sicily need to complete the following visitor arrival form. Visitors to Puglia need to fill in a questionnaire, downloadable from the region's website.
- A PCR, LAMP or Antigen test taken at a clinic within 72 hours of your return to the UK. This test is taken and payable locally - our team on the ground will provide the necessary information. A negative test result is required in order to travel. Alternatively, it is possible to purchase a virtual consultation test prior to departure. Further details can be found here.
- A completed UK Passenger Locator Form (PLF).
- PCR tests on return from travels as per the government's traffic light system. Italy has been categorised as Amber and as such a 10-day period of self-isolation applies plus a PCR test on/before Day 2 and on/after Day 8 is required. These tests must be ordered before your return to the UK. Tests can be ordered from Randox Health, at a reduced rate for Sunvil travellers. A full list of providers for the Day 2 and Day 8 tests can be found here.
In UK tests:
At Sunvil, we have a partnership with Randox Health (one of the UK government’s approved providers) and our travellers can purchase tests at a reduced price:
23 Finsbury Circus
Tel: 0800 254 5130
With Randox, you will self-administer a swab test using the instructions in the test kit provided and send the test back to Randox using one of their local drop boxes or a courier. Once the test has been analysed you will be sent an electronic test certificate.
Further testing information and additional suppliers can be found here.
Please also ensure that you are familiar with the new rules for travel within Europe from 01 January 2021. A synopsis of the changes can be found in our dedicated blog.