Madeira is open to UK travellers and has been categorised as 'Amber' by the UK government. The requirements for travellers are detailed below:
- A PCR test taken within 72 hours of your departure from the UK*. A negative test result is required in order to travel. At Sunvil, we have a partnership with Randox Health (one of the UK government's approved providers) and our travellers can purchase a test at a reduced rate - see below. *Fully vaccinated passengers or those who have recovered from the virus (within 90 days prior to travel) do not need to undertake a PCR test prior to travel; instead proof of both vaccinations should be provided*
- A completed Traveller Registration Form between 48-12 hours prior to departure. It is your responsibility to do so as will be any costs incurred for new flight tickets and amendments to your travel plans should the form not be submitted. Airlines are denying boarding to those who fail to provide evidence of their submission and QR code. The negative PCR test result or evidence of vaccination/recover should be uploaded to this platform.
- Thermal screening is in operation at Funchal airport.
- A PCR, LAMP or Antigen test taken at a clinic within 72 hours of your return to the UK - this test is provided Free Of Charge by Visit Madeira. A negative test result is required in order to travel. Further details can be found here.
- A completed UK Passenger Locator Form (PLF).
- PCR tests on return from travels as per the government's traffic light system. A 10-day period of self-isolation applies for all travellers returning from an Amber destination. In addition, a PCR test on/before Day 2 and on/after Day 8 is required. These tests must be ordered before your return to the UK and evidence of this purchase must be added to the UK Passenger Locator Form.
Evidence for passengers in receipt of both vaccinations or have recovered from the virus (one of the following is required):
- The NHS App: This application is valid on smart phones and tablets and requires ALL passengers to register for their own account. The account is connected to your NHS number, date of birth and postcode. The application will display your Covid-19 vaccine record.
- An official letter from the NHS: This letter can be obtained by calling “119” from any UK landline or mobile.
- Recovery letter: This letter must certify that the bearer has recovered from COVID-19 infection within 90 days before the date of travel.
In UK tests:
At Sunvil, we have a partnership with Randox Health (one of the UK government’s approved providers) and our travellers can purchase tests at a reduced price:
23 Finsbury Circus
Tel: 0800 254 5130
With Randox, you will self-administer a swab test using the instructions in the test kit provided and send the test back to Randox using one of their local drop boxes or a courier. Once the test has been analysed you will be sent an electronic test certificate.
Full testing information and details of additional suppliers can be found here.
Please also ensure that you are familiar with the new rules for travel within Europe from 01 January 2021. A synopsis of the changes can be found in our dedicated blog.