In UK tests:
At Sunvil, we have a partnership with Randox Health (one of the UK government’s approved providers) and our travellers can purchase tests at a reduced price:
23 Finsbury Circus
Tel: 0800 254 5130
- UK testing kits for adults in receipt of both vaccinations: Day 2 – quote SUNVIL2021 online at https://covid.randox.com/day-2/ at a cost of £43.00.
- UK testing kits for adults not in receipt of both vaccinations: Pre-departure test, Day 2 and Day 8 test – quote SUNVIL2021 online at https://covid.randox.com/non-vaccinated-travel-pack/ – at a cost of £129.00.
With Randox, you will self-administer a swab test using the instructions in the test kit provided and send the test back to Randox using one of their local drop boxes or an alternative courier. If an alternative courier is selected, you should ensure that the provider can deliver biological samples and that they offer a next-day tracked service. Samples must arrive within 70 hours of swabbing to undergo testing. Once the test has been analysed you will be sent an electronic test certificate.Alternative provider:
Express Test – Providers of PCR tests:
Express Test offer drive-through PCR tests at 17 airports and hubs across the UK including at Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, London Gatwick and London Heathrow airports as well as at a centre in Croydon and in Reading.
The test costs from £50.00 per person and results are guaranteed by 10pm the next day (after receipt). Express Test also provide the Day 2 and Day 8 tests.
Full testing information and details of additional suppliers can be found here.
Test to return (in Spain):
All adults not in receipt of double-vaccination status must undertake a PCR, LAMP or Antigen test within 72 hours of return to the UK. This test can be in the following format:
- An in-clinic test in resort: Our local partners will book your test for you at a registered clinic; transfers can also be arranged. The test is payable locally. An antigen will cost c.20-30 Euros, a LAMP or PCR test will be more.
- A self-administered Antigen test (purchased prior to departure): Tried-and-tested by our team, this option offered by Medic Spot will require you to perform a swab test and to upload the result to their website. On proof of a negative test result, a fit to fly certificate is issued. These tests can be purchased through Sunvil on 020 8758 4758 (choosing pre-departures) at a rate of £40.00 per test. Alternatively, you can purchase the tests online by visiting https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/products/return-antigen - £45.00 per person.
Requirements for the fit to fly ‘Test to return’ certificate:
- Name, which should match the name on your travel documents (+passport number)
- Date of birth or age
- The result of the test
- The date the test sample was collected or received by the test provider
- The name of the test provider and their contact details
- Confirmation of the device used for the test, or that the test was a PCR test
Requirements for the test:
- Performance standards of ≥97% specificity
Please also ensure that you are familiar with the new rules for travel within Europe from 01 January 2021. A synopsis of the changes can be found in our dedicated blog.