Take a mini-cruise along the Brenta River from Venice to Padua and visit three amazing Venetian Villas en route.
The Burchiello was a typical Venetian barge, finely wrought and decorated and used to transport wealthy aristocrats of the 1700’s from the city of Venice to their countryside Villas. Today the Burchiello is a modern and comfortable motorboat (for up to 110 people) that has an air-conditioned cabin with comfortable sofas, a bar selling snacks, a toilet and a panoramic deck with seating.
A full day mini-cruise takes in the extraordinary beauty of the Brenta Riviera and passes nine swivelling bridges and five locks. A guided tour (including entrance fees) of Villa Foscari - also known as La Malcontenta (Mira), Villa Widmann (Mira) and Villa Pisani (Strà) is included, plus a stop for lunch at Oriago (optional) at ‘Il Burchiello’ restaurant.
There are daily departures from 07 March to 01 November, 2020 from Venice to Padua on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Price is £118 per adult and £60 for children aged 6-17 years.
Optional supplement applicable for lunches: Goldoni’ lunch (fish, meat or vegetarian menu) is an additional £34 per person and ‘Casavona’ lunch is £26 per person. Meals must be requested at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later stage. See menu choices below.
- Fish menu Goldoni: Welcome starter with smoked fish carpaccio with slices of toasted bread; linguine with seafood; mixed grilled fish made up of salmon, gilthead seabream’s fillet and shrimp; a side-dish of seasonal vegetables; fresh seasonal fruit salad with ice-cream; a quarter litre wine and half a litre of mineral water.
- Meat menu Goldoni: Welcome starter with sliced dried beef, rocket and Parmesan; tagliatelle with speck and zucchini; sliced beef with rosemary; a side-dish of seasonal vegetables; fresh seasonal fruit salad with ice-cream; 1/4 liter wine and 1/2 liter mineral water.
- Vegetarian menu Goldoni: Starter of mixed cheese dish with jam; tagliolini with courgettes and cherry tomatoes; omelette; a side-dish of grilled vegetables; fresh seasonal fruit salad with ice-cream; a quarter litre wine and half a litre of mineral water.
- Fish menu Casanova: Welcome starter with smoked fish carpaccio with slices of toasted bread, a plate of mix fried Adriatic fish with polenta, a side-dish of seasonal vegetables, fresh seasonal fruit salad with ice-cream, a quarter litre wine and half a litre of mineral water.
- Transfers to and from the boat departure and arrival point in Venice are not included.
- Luggage transportation included: one piece of luggage per person which must not exceed 75 x 50 x 30 cm. Any luggage exceeding these measurements will be charged at a supplement locally.