Whale and Dolphin Watching
Whale & Dolphin Watching Trip
A mere glimpse of a dorsal fin can have you beaming for hours. So why not hop on a Zodiac in search of cetacean activity – 24 of the planet’s 80 species of whales and dolphins have been sighted off the coast of the Azores.
From Ponta Delgada with Picos de Aventura*
Price is £50 per adult and £25 per child (4-11yrs) - all year
From Vila Franca do Campo with Terra Azul - also recommended if staying in Caloura or Furnas
Price is £52 per adult and £36 per child (4-10yrs) – all year excluding 16Dec16- 14Feb17
- Excursion provider: Picos de Aventura (Ponta Delgada base) or Terra Azul (Vila Franca do Campo base)
- Meeting point for Picos de Aventura is the whaling base in Ponta Delgada departing at 08:30 (daily) or 13:00 (daily)
- Meeting point for Terra Azul is the whaling base in Vila Franca do Campo departing at 08:30 (daily) or 12:30 (daily)
- Duration: 2-3 hour excursion with short briefing by a marine biologist (c.10-minutes)
- Zodiac boats (small, rigid hull inflatables carrying up to 24 people) are used
- Minimum child age is 4 years (accompanied by a parent or guardian)
- We cannot guarantee that you will see a cetacean but it is unlikely that you should be so unlucky
- Pre-booking in July and August is recommended
- Important: Children aged 3yrs or under, pregnant women or any person suffering from back problems are not allowed on the Zodiac boats.
*Note (Picos de Aventura only): Should you be unlucky enough not to see any whales and/or dolphins on your excursion, then you can book another day with the local supplier (free of charge and dependent on availability) or claim back a full refund which Sunvil will provide on your return to the UK.
To book this itinerary, or discuss a tailor-made alternative, call one of our Sunvil experts on:
020 8758 4722
Or complete our online booking form
To book, or for more information please call
020 8758 4722Enquire Online