On 23 September 2019 we awoke to the news of the failure of Thomas Cook Airlines. A month on we look at the implications of the fallout and look forward to Sunvil's 50th year with confidence and pride.
Our blog titled 'Announcement of Thomas Cook Airlines' details the tried and tested procedures followed by the Sunvil team in the week of 23 September 2019. I will forever look back on this period with immense pride.
To work at Sunvil is to be part of the Sunvil family and by travelling with Sunvil you become part of our family unit - just one of the many reasons I feel so impassioned about the company and proud to be at its helm. A family stands together no matter the challenges faced and at the end of September the strength of family spirit at Sunvil shone through. We have always placed our guests at the heart of our business and we can attest to those who were travelling with us, or have since travelled, to the truth of the claim. Below is just a snippet of the complimentary feedback that the team and I have received.
- Friendly and efficient: "Booking experience was friendly and efficient. Particular thanks to your representative Jordan Kalatzis who managed to rearrange our holiday with less than one week's notice following the collapse of Thomas Cook flights. Would definitely use Sunvil again and highly recommend them to friends and family". Mr Brian Cole.
- Customer experience: "On Monday 23rd September we were booked on a Thomas Cook flights for our Sunvil holiday. T. Cook having ceased trading that morning Sunvil called us by midday to say we were rebooked on alternative flights. How much better can it get?" Mr Allan Heyes
- Customer experience: "Regular traveller with Sunvil. Excellent help from Jordan, Jackie and Chris Wright after the unfortunate collapse of Thomas Cook." Trusted customer.
- Professional and helpful: "The Sunvil staff showed themselves to be efficent and understanding. They were quick to respond to any questions and were courteous and well informed. There was a problem with a Thomas Cook return flight. The staff gave us clear options and handled the whole problem confidently and calmly, most re-assuring." Mrs Deb Mellor
- Customer experience: "Easy to book, friendly, accurate service. We were particularly impressed with how they handled rebooking our flights in the light of Thomas Cook's collapse." Trusted customer.
- Excellent customer service. An exceptional property: "Sunvil were very helpful with the booking process and after the collapse of Thomas Cook. They kept in contact and were easy to get hold off .I was not kept waiting on the phone on hold for ages." Trusted customer
Our season in Greece has now come to a close and our attention has shifted to summer 2020 and our 50th anniversary celebrations. Throughout 2020 we will be sharing our story and introducing you to those people who have helped to shape Sunvil over the years. I am sure that you will appreciate, a holiday company is only as good as its partners on the ground, and we plan to spend the year with the spotlight firmly placed on our local representatives, property owners and local agents; those people who help to bring our destinations to life and enable you to enjoy much more than a superficial holiday experience.
We also have a number of new destinations up our sleeve - watch this space. I can guarantee that our new islands represent the epitome of the Sunvil brand (lesser-known Greece), and will place you amongst the locals in authentic places and in charming, locally-owned accommodation.
Our holidays are now on sale and savings of up to £100 per week are available. Book online or call Claire, Courtney, Jackie, Jordan, Justin, Karolina, Mark and Stella on 020 8758 4758 to plan your perfect escape. Rest assured that the holidays offered by Sunvil and GIC The Villa Collection are bonded by ATOL and offer 100% financial security. And rest assured your villa or apartment will be there when you arrive! Stories of online problems are unfortunately almost a daily occurrence.
Chris Wright, Managing Director